Cupcakes. Anyone who says they don't lie them can go sit on the naughty step right now. Our mate Gabriella has created these babies and they really are the ultimate indulgence!
And if that's not enough, it's just another great way to use your fave Funky Nut products. Go on, Give it a go!
You can check out the video version of this recipe here.
What you need
What to do.
- Pre heat oven to 165 degree's and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases
- Crushed the pretzels with a rolling pin until you have a fine crumb ( reserve 12 pretzels for decoration)
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix until combined
- Distribute the pretzel mixture between 12 cupcake cases and using the back of the spoon compress to create a base
- Add the vinegar to your milk to create buttermilk leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Now for the cake batter, with an electric whisk mix together the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and both sugars into the wet mixture and mix well for 1 minute until everything is smooth
- Divide the cake batter between the 12 cases, you can use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the mixture for equal sized cupcakes
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the icing, whisk your dairy free spread for 3-5 minutes until it becomes light, fluffy and pale in colour
- Add your sifted icing sugar in two stages mixing well after each
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and whisk until combined
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled using an apple corer remove the centre of the cupcake ensuring you don't go through the base
- Add a teaspoon of your funky nut salted caramel spread to each cupcake hole
- Once all filled you can pipe your icing onto the cupcakes and finish with pretzels for decoration